Tuesday, October 15, 2013

SOUTH SCHOLAR-ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Mary Martha Grizzle, Mountain Brook High School

By Leah Ingram Eagle | leagle@al.com
on October 14, 2013 12:07 p.m.

Mary Martha Grizzle, Mountain Brook High School (Special to The News)
Year: Senior Sport: Tennis
Academic highlights: Mary Martha has a 3.5 GPA and scored a 30 on the ACT. She is a member of Key Club, FBLA and Outreach Club.
Athletic highlights: Mary Martha is a three year letterman for the Spartans varsity tennis team. They were 6A State Champions 2011 and 2012; 6A State Champion Runner Up 2013; she was #3 in singles (2013); #3 in State Champion-Doubles (2013); #6 in State Champion singles (2012) and #3 in Doubles (2012).
Where do you see your academic future? I am undecided of my college of choice, but I would like to study economics or business.
Where do you see your athletic future? If I do not play tennis for my college, I would love to be a part of an intramural team or club team.
Favorite subject: English, because I really enjoy reading and writing. I have had some great English teachers who have taught me the importance of effective writing.
What’s on your iPod? I like all different kinds of music from alternative to pop to rap and R&B. My music choice mainly depends on my mood at the moment.